Thursday, January 10, 2008

Busy and Dry

I have been so busy this week. I guess that is kinda good and kinda bad. The good part is that it shows there is much work to be done in the Kingdom and at Crossroads. I have spent lots of time with people this week and trying to catch up administratively after some slow weeks surrounding Christmas and New Years.

While I love moving at a frantic pace (it always keeps me on my toes and out of trouble), I have discovered this week, that the busier I am, the less time I have to read and therefore feed my soul. I have accomplished much this week (with one day to go), but tonight I stop and wonder if it really has been a good week. I have neglected two of the books that I have been reading and I think my spiritual fervor is lacking now because of this. I have been reading about prayer and the fear of God and I have not even thought about these books or these subjects this week. I haven't even had time to blog about all that God has been teaching me throughout the holiday season.

In a lot of ways, I have had a very fun and fulfilling week and in other ways, I see the injury to my soul and spirit. I know my enemy, the devil, is constantly trying to get me off my game and I have often said, "If Satan can't make you bad, he'll make you busy." Well, his tactic has seemed to work this week.

Oh Lord, help me find the balance between hard work and quiet, still, reflection and pursuit of You and Your Kingdom values!