Saturday, June 28, 2008

Apathy Sucks

It has been a really long week and as it rolled into Friday and Saturday, I lost my desire to care. I don't know what is wrong with me except maybe I haven't had a break since January 10 and also that things haven't been normal at my house for over a month now. I am not sure of the cause, but I know that I got uncharacteristically apathetic yesterday. It really sucks to feel like this. It is better to be in a super bad place than to just not care about anything.

The whole day today, was marred by this apathy until I forced myself out the door to run. The weather helped. It was my absolute favorite weather to run in. It was 70 degrees and raining. It was awesome. I ran through Westover for 31:27 and wondered how apathy had taken root in my life. It is so weird. Apathy is the opposite of everything that I am.

The run really helped. It helps me to push myself in all the right directions. I am still fighting the apathetic bug, but I am better than I have been in 36 hours and am looking forward to tomorrow (Sunday). I still think I need a major break, just not sure where to find the time or the money to take one. Gotta do something soon though. Keep me in your prayers cause apathy sucks and it is a horrible place to be!