Saturday, June 14, 2008

Running in Unfamiliar Places

This morning, I ran in Charleston, WV. I was there today because of Chris and Laura's wedding. I love running in places that I don't know. It makes the run go by so much faster. I am constantly checking out the new surroundings and wondering where I should turn next. This morning I ran down the road from my hotel on a busy highway then found my way into a residential neighborhood for a while before venturing back out onto the highway for the last past of my run. I ran the last mile on the concrete median of the highway because I figured it was safer than trying to run on the edge of the white line at the side of the road. People look at you crazy when you are running down the middle of the road, but most of you know that I really don't care how people look at me. I ran approximately 4 miles in 31:42. I finished up stretching in a IHOP parking lot then I headed inside for breakfast. Nothing caps off a good workout like a 3 egg omelet and pancakes!