Thursday, June 5, 2008

Hot Run

It was a rather warm afternoon to go for a run, but I loved it anyway. It was 84 degrees which is by far the warmest temperature that I have run in in a long time. I think the heat makes me feel faster even though I am probably not. Because of that I started out too fast. I ran four miles today with the splits as follows:

mile 1 - 7:32
mile 2 - 7:58
mile 3 - 8:10
mile 4 - 7:56

Total time for 4 miles was 31:36. I guess that is a little faster than I have been running, but not as fast as I felt on that first mile. I just could not keep up that pace beyond one mile. Considering how much I have been running recently or should I say not running recently, it was a decent 4 mile training time.

After I ran, I got home and started mowing around 6:15 and then I worked outside till a little after 8:30. Let's just say I weed-eated like a champ. I went through a lot of weed-eater chord. After all week looking after the girls, it felt really good to work in the yard and get really sweaty and dirty. That is a good thing for me. So it was a good evening and night. I need those times where I work outside and see a total job come to completion in just two hours. It is a big change from leading a church where there is always a new challenge on the horizon and you never really feel like you have finished anything. I think that us one of the things that is so hard on me. That is why I love working in the yard so much. That is also another reason that I love to run so much. I see and feel immediate results to my labor.

It was a good night for me and I should sleep well as long as all these Honey Nut Cheerios digest well and pretty soon too.