Saturday, June 21, 2008

Tiring and Great Day

It is great to be tired when you have a day like today! I stared the day off being lazy with my family. That hasn't happened in a long time so it was very nice. Then, late morning, we planted some tomato plants that our neighbor started for us. Becky is excited about having fresh tomatoes growing right beside our house. After that, I went and ran five miles. It was a great day for running. Sunny and 77 degrees. I did the 5 in 40:45 with a final mile in 7:48.

After that, the real running began to get ready for our church block party in our community park. It was a great time tonight. We had hoped to make over 100 contacts, but only about 35 or 40 showed up. It was still a wonderful time with some people from the community so we made lots of new friends. Hopefully they will come to church and come to Jesus.

A huge "Thank You" is in order to Whispers of Hope Ministries from Charlotte, NC who helped so much with the block party and evangelism this weekend (more on that later). Tonight was a good time of ministry and outreach. Pray that the seeds that were planted will grow. I know God is going to bring a harvest here in Morgantown!

I am smelly and tired. I am going to shower and crash. Tomorrow should be rockin - Sundays always are!