Thursday, March 6, 2008

Glorious Day!

What a great day! The only bad part of my day today was that Brannon had to get a shot at her 4 year-old check-up. It is pretty brutal to watch her get a shot. I think I would rather take it myself. Other than that, it was a glorious day!

I had a great morning and lunch with my family. We went to the doctor for Brannon's check-up and it was even good, all except the shot. Then we went to Target and did some window shopping. It's fun to hang out with my family and not spend any money. Then we had lunch at Pizza Hut. I had been craving Pizza Hut for over a week.

After lunch, it was home for Anna's nap, but then Brannon and I took off for Lowes to get a broom to sweep the garage with. I love hanging out with that kid. She is so cool! When we got back home, Brannon stayed outside with me and we washed both cars inside and out and then swept the garage out. You should have seen her helping me sweep the garage. It was awesome! It's nice to have the cars and garage clean after so much salt and grime on them from the winter road crews.

After the clean-up, I went for a run. Oh did I mention that my neck felt much better this morning after two nights on my new pillow (my wife is so smart). So the day started off right. Anyway, it was the first day in a long time that I really felt like running. So I hit the trail this evening in shorts. It was a balmy 49 degrees and it felt great. It was the first run in a long time where nothing hurt. I ran for 38:17 with a final mile in 7:12. I think that is my fastest mile in a long time. It was a great run. No knee or neck pain - sweet!

Then I came home and kissed both my little girls goodnight and had a hot shower and then settled down with a big bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios. What a great day. I am really refreshed and ready for a great weekend!