Monday, March 10, 2008

The Timing of Obedience

"When you make a vow to God, do not delay in fulfilling it. He has no pleasure in fools; fulfill your vow. It is better not to vow than to make a vow and not fulfill it. "
Ecclesiastes 5:4-5

Delayed obedience is still disobedience. God is teaching me that my relationship with Him is all about obedience and that timing is everything. Sometimes I miss out on the workings of God because I hesitate to obey His call in my life. When God speaks and tells me to do something, I am to do it immediately. Also, obedience usually precedes a movement of God. If I were more obedient; more responsive to the voice of God, then I think I would see God work more in my life, my family, my church, and my community.

It is my desire to be an obedient follower of Jesus Christ. I want to see Him work in and through me all over the place in all kinds of ways.