Monday, March 24, 2008

Kingdom People

I have met more Kingdom people in the past 21 months (time since Crossroads core has been meeting) than I have met in my entire life. I have known lots of church people over the course of my life. But since the inception of Crossroads, I have met so many individuals who really care more about expanding the Kingdom of Jesus than expanding their buildings or parking lots. It has been so refreshing to meet and become friends with people who have their hearts set on the Kingdom of God.

Some of those Kingdom-minded people that I have met have come to me from Hillcrest Baptist Church in Morristown, TN. These guys have really stepped up to the plate. They have been great supporters of Crossroads Church and Shane Suiter. They have been such a blessing to me and to our church since January of 2007.

It is so cool how God brings just the right people into our lives at just the right time. That is exactly what He did with Hillcrest. One of the Hillcrest families that have meant so much to me and to Crossroads actually drove to WV to be with us this Easter. How awesome is that? The Jones family came all the way to Morgantown and they were such a blessing. It was so neat to see them in my home and in our church gathering on Sunday morning. I would have never had these amazing friends if I had not been where God wanted me and had they not been where God wanted them. That is the way the Kingdom of God works though. Walk in obedience with God and His blessings will follow.

Kingdom partners like Hillcrest Baptist Church and the Jones family are just those kind of blessings. I thank God for all the Kingdom people that He has brought into my life (I could write for hours about them all and how important they all have been and still are). I thank God for Hillcrest Baptist Church. I thank God for the friendship, love, prayers, and support of the Jones family. Thanks Doug, Jennifer, Shawn, and Aaron for coming to WV this weekend. It was so cool having you here! Thanks for everything over the past 18 months - you guys rock!