Saturday, March 22, 2008

Today's Goings On

  • I love hanging out with Anna. She is the cutest thing ever and she is so funny. I spent some one on one time with my two year old today. That hasn't happened much since she was born. I sure enjoyed her today.
  • A very hilly run in my Westover neighborhood today. Great run in 41 degrees. I was out for 35:37.
  • Put Anna down for a nap. She kept asking for more verses of Away In A Manger and for her mama.
  • Worked on my taxes for two hours. It drives me nuts! Pastor's taxes are insane and I don't have a clue what I am doing. It makes me nervous that some IRS agent is going to knock my door down and drag me off to jail because I checked a wrong box somewhere on some crazy form.
  • Had dinner with the Jones family from Morristown, TN. Amazing! I love those guys and they drove all the way to Morgantown for the weekend - how cool is that. I am going to write more about this later.
  • Prayer time with some of our young guys from church. Everybody was in great spirits and seemed to be really excited about what God is going to do at church tomorrow.
  • Magnum P.I. What a great show to watch re-runs of. This has always been one of my favorite TV shows. TV shows on DVD. How cool is that? We are all the way through season 4 and looking forward to season 5.
  • Tomorrow is Resurrection Day (Easter) . Shouldn't the resurrection of Jesus be the biggest deal of our lives every day of our lives. I know Easter is just the day to focus on it and celebrate it and teach it to our children and to others, but really, the resurrection of Jesus brings me life and peace and joy every day. It is the reason I have the forgiveness of sin. The resurrection is the foundation block of everything we are as Christians. It had better be Easter everyday in our practical lives!