Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Refreashing Run

Today's run was so great for three reasons. 1)I ran a final mile in 7:13 and never even really felt it. 2)5 miles in 40:45 - not super fast, but it felt good. I had really good rhythm today. 3)Incredible testimony/sermon by Pete Desoto on the Zune. Pete is a missionary to El Salvador and got shot in the neck in January 2007. He told the story of his past year and it was amazing. He talked about the challenges of truly trusting God in crazy hard times. He closed by asking if his hearers truly trusted God with everything in their lives. He said, "Do you trust God with your finances, your family, yes even your whole life. Can you completely trust Him with everything thus completely surrendering all to Him."

It was such a great time with God on the trail today. It blows me away how far I am from what I want to be for my Jesus and His great glory! Keep drawing me closer to you Lord and use my life for Your Kingdom purposes!