Saturday, March 8, 2008

Snow Blind Run

Yes, I ran today in the blowing snow. For the first 2.5 miles I ran into the wind and the snow was blowing into my face so hard that I could barely see where I was going. It was awesome! The second 2.5 was a little better. I was not quite as snow blind as the first half. The running conditions were great (I am the crazy type that actually likes running in a blizzard), but I never really seem to get into rhythm so it wasn't the easiest 5 miles that I have ever run. I think maybe I had my music up too loud. I don't know, but it sounds like a good excuse. So I went out for a total of 5 miles in 41:17 with a final mile in 7:32. Not too bad.

Tomorrow is Sunday and as always, I am looking forward to meeting with my church family. I love Sundays. It is so great to be a part of something as wonderful as Crossroads. It has been awesome to watch all that God has been doing in the church these past 6 weeks. I know God is up to something great here in Morgantown and I am honored and glad that He has asked me/us to be a part of it!